Wednesday 6 November 2013

Anh 100 Word Challenge #10

When I walked down the silent lane, I saw something funny. There were some green wellington boots sticking out of a glistening pond. I stopped for another moment and stepped into the water. It wasn’t deep. I lifted up the boots and realised that….There was nothing underneath but a frog. I gasped in wonder. Just after that, the boots grew heavier and felt like something was inside them! “Hello,” smiled a little girl, “my name’s Rose”. I screamed. The girl was covered in head to toe in seaweed and Lilly pads. Later, I found out that Rose was a water-creature!

2 comments:

  1. Very imaginative and surprising ending.
    Good use of speech marks and other punctuation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how a simple stroll can develop into a surprising adventure when a writer puts fingers to keyboard Anh. I like how you build the story up, gradually easing into fantasy, rather Alice in Wonderland-like. The ellipsis to prolong the surprise after the boots were lifted was a clever thing to do, almost challenging the reader to exercise their imagination. Well done.

    ReplyDelete