Thursday 14 November 2013

Anh #11 Remembering

I will remember.
I will remember the unlucky ones that died.
I will remember the sad wives that cried.
I will remember the fierce guns and wire.
I will remember the tanks that never tire.
I will remember the dead men and women.
I will remember they never did sin.
I will remember the killer bombs that blew houses up.
I will remember the spying cameras hidden in small red cups.
I will remember the muddy trenches filled with mice.
I will remember the brave soldiers, hair covered in lice.

I will remember the risk of rolling the fate-deciding dice…

2 comments:

  1. I think the repetition of, 'I will remember..' works well and tells the reader you are really personally involved. I am not sure about the spying cameras line - would it be better to think of something else even if it did not rhyme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful response to the prompt this week Anh. I really like the way you wrote it as poetry and using I remember made me stop and really think about the things that you were remembering. Your poem is very powerful.
    Nicola Richardson 100wc team, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear

    ReplyDelete