Saturday 5 April 2014

...but I thought I had enough time.. by Amy

I woke up feeling lazy as a pig until I realised it was 8am but then I thought again well I still have half an hour to get dressed, have breakfast and get to school. Actually I could go to sleep for five minutes! 
Five minutes later, now it’s 8:05. I strolled to the mirror so I could make my hair perfect. After 15 minutes I was hungry so I went to get my breakfast, which my mum had made already. It was delicious. Then I got ready and washed my face. Then I looked at the clock, “Oh my goodness I'm late for school...but I thought I had enough time…!

2 comments:

  1. Very cleverly done. You sound just like my daughter - taking your time until time runs out. I like the way you used verbs like 'strolled' to show how leisurely you were while the minutes were ticking by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy (one of my favorite names, as my daughter's name is Amy), your 100 word challenge is the story of every busy person's life. It reminded me of all those times I thought I had enough time in the morning, but... Excellent job of capturing a regular occurrence in an entertaining manner.

    ReplyDelete