Saturday 18 October 2014

Arthur …I could not believe the smell…

It was a hot summer’s day and I was chucking my dog’s ball and there was a funny smell so I looked over the gate and there I saw a lorry. It stopped in front of our drive when it came it stunk. When the man took the large lid of the septic tank I could not believe the smell of all the sewage. When the man put the long thick pipe into the septic tank, he stirred up the sewage which made the smell worse so I had to go into the house. My dog Scarlet followed me too so the smell must have been bad.

3 comments:

  1. No - not a nice smell at all! You have been very clever to describe what is going on. I would not like to be around when this job happens at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well described Arthur. Have you witnessed this happening? It is very smelly! You have described the action well. Try to think about using a range of sentence types to add more interest to your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Arthur. Your description was so clear that I could almost smell it myself! You clearly described what happened. Could you also add adverbs to show how you went back inside?
    Miss Aaron (100 wc team).

    ReplyDelete