Saturday 15 November 2014

Remember by Harvey

As I packed my kit bag, going to war was becoming real. Just an ordinary boy from an ordinary family from an ordinary street. As I looked up through the window I could see my sister talking to mum outside with her arm placed around her shoulder I could see that I wasn't the only one who was finding this hard but we all knew had to be done . As I packed the final things dad handed me something to take, it was a photograph so I’d remember my family are with me and I’m not in this alone.

2 comments:

  1. Great job trying to capture the sadness and uncertainty going to war brings to a family Harvey. I like how you emphasised the word 'ordinary'. You are missing the word 'it' in the second last sentence. I like how you chose a photo for your character to receive from his dad and explained the significance behind this. I could easily picture this moment in my head. Well done. Mrs Miller Team 100 WC Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you used the prompt, and looked at someone leaving for war rather than people remembering a loss. This way, the story has some hope.

    Well done. Keep it up!

    Alicia, The Bahamas, Team 100

    ReplyDelete