Saturday 21 January 2017

… as the weather changed, they …by Sophie

The weather was cold and wet and there was no life about, just a boring old little town. We had flood warnings but the sea was still quite calm and I didn't think anything was going to happen. Unfortunately, the sea got stronger and came up to the beach edge, and as the weather changed, they {the coastal guards} put the flood barriers up. I now began to get worried so I decided to get my gas burner out and I took some food and valuable things upstairs just in case the worst happened. I just hoped nothing would happen...

4 comments:

  1. Well done Sophie. I enjoyed your story. It is well written and you have used some great vocabulary. I'm glad that you explained who 'they' were. Sometimes writers forget tell us (the readers) who they are talking about.
    Keep up the great writing.
    Ms Brennock
    Team 100 w/c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sophie great story! I can picture what you were saying very well and I understood the story too. My challenge to you is to find some more interesting adjectives to put into your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie,

    I enjoyed reading your story! The ending made me want to read more. In your next piece, maybe you could use a thesaurus to find some more interesting adjectives? :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sophie
    Your writing is really interesting. It's very engaging and very descriptive. I have been in this situation that you wrote about, and it's very scary. Maybe next time you could add more feelings into your writing. I can see why you got into the special showcase, your writing is amazing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete