Saturday 26 May 2018

…but I didn’t understand the instructions… by Grace N

I was sitting on my chair one day in summer, when I realised, I was hungry. I sprinted downstairs and went into the cupboard where the bread was, I needed my PB&J sandwich. Then something awful happened...

I looked at my hand because usually I have the instructions on there, but I must've washed my hand because they were gone.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

I ran upstairs quickly and sat on my floor. I pulled a big black case out from under my bed and looked inside. There they were, the spare instructions that my mum had written. I started looking at them, but I didn't understand the instructions...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace,

    I really liked your story!

    First of all, you picked a very relatable topic; I think all of us have been in a situation where we are desperate for a PB & J sandwich!

    I also think that you used the prompt in quite an imaginative way- sadly the back-up instructions were just not as good!

    Finally, I would like to mention that that your writing was of a very high standard! Using speech marks (""), ellipses (...) and capital letters (e.g. ABC) to show shouting are all very clever techniques!

    Keep on writing!

    Ana, Team 100WC, Oxford, England

    ReplyDelete