Sunday 22 October 2017

My Day by Clara

My rage fizzled over. “Fine!” I yelled, storming out of the room. The door almost came off its hinges as it rocketed shut. But as the door slammed, I knew I was being a brat. I burst into tears, my mum was crying… I had made her cry! “Shhh,” I whispered to her, stroking her hair softly. “I didn’t mean to upset you.” I cried even more, my face soaked with tears. Together we cried enough tears to fill the Atlantic Ocean. “I’m so sorry!” I gurgled between sobs. I nestled my face against Mum’s neck, and all was forgotten.

4 comments:

  1. Great use of dialogue. I also enjoyed your word choice, words like fizzled, rocketed, and soaked really brought the post to life. I also like how you hi-lighted the prompt.

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very reflective piece of writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of vocabulary! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clara I loved your work this week. I could picture you and your mum crying on the bed. Please come and comment on my work at www.gowranns.ie/100-word-challenge/week-5-katie-scriven#comments. Great work !

    ReplyDelete