Saturday 30 June 2018

It had been raining all morning. by Clara

I looked out the window. The rain-spattered glass distorted my view on a dull grey world. It had been raining all morning. Anyone stupid enough to go out before the rain started would be long dead. I saw a text message from my friend Lily. Their mother had gone out to buy some food. They were worried. I wanted to reassure her, but I couldn't lie to her. Instead, I chose to stop living this kind of life. Terrified and anxious every time I looked at a weather forecast. I stepped out into the rain. I started to live again.

1 comment:

  1. The paragraph has flow making it easy to read! The use of descriptive words paints an image and the use of short sentences builds suspense. Maybe more connecting words could have been used to make it sound more dramatic such as suddenly I saw a text from my friend?

    ReplyDelete