Saturday 30 June 2018

It had been raining all morning. by Grace B

It had been raining all morning. I went insanely mad with boredom, I couldn’t venture outside because of the ferocious storm last night that created floods and destroyed many homes. Luckily, I don’t live near the sea, so I wasn’t badly affected. My best friend however, her home was destroyed so her family of four had to come to stay at our house because we have a basement that four people could sleep in. Our local school was forced to close down for 3 days; it was a horrible nightmare for many parents but fun for me and my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Golly Grace, I think you have been watching news reports from around the world where wild weather has created havoc and a loss of homes and livelihoods for many communities. I just sincerely hope it doesn't happen to you.
    You have expressed the impact of this family's misfortune with words like 'ferocious, created floods, destroyed homes' Very good writing and thank you for sharing.
    Jackie (Team 1100WC)
    New Zealand

    ReplyDelete