Saturday 26 April 2014

…but I couldn't find the egg…, by Joshua

It was Easter. My family had gathered to look for one Easter egg somewhere in our house. Just then there was a knock. We saw a man in the door. All he said was, “You must find the egg.” Then he disappeared. We ignored him and carried on. After an hour there was another knock. It was the man again. All he said was, “Congratulations!” and shook my hand. 
But I couldn't find the egg,” I said.
“I know,” he said, "you were not supposed to, it was a prank,” and then as quick as the wind, he was gone.
Everybody was truly and utterly gobsmacked.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joshua - what a great piece of writing, well done. I like how you've given the reader some intrigue at the same time as carrying the story on. I wonder who the man was? You've used some excellent vocabulary and phrases too. Well done :-)
    Su Harris (Team 100WC, Suffolk, UK)

    ReplyDelete