Sunday 19 November 2017

Bringer of Death Greets You by Clara

Hello.
My name is Death.
I did not choose my name, it came with the job. Are you screaming? 
Lots of people do. 
They like to argue that their time is not up, but they are just cluttering up the precious space Earth has. I am fair, if not polite or respectful. Hey, if you had an eternity of people whimpering, “I can’t die yet!” you would be annoyed. A simple thank-you would be very satisfying every now and then. 
I must get back to the point, this is my way of saying, “I am not a bad person.” 

Goodbye.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is quite a comical depiction of death, which is quite different from some of the more sinister versions that have been written. I like that you have written it from the perspective of the statue, I think it is quite original. Grammar looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clara, Your story has stunned me. It's my favourite by far this week. I like how you told your story in a 'tongue in cheek' way. Death is something most of us fear, but you've taken a totally different approach to it. I had to laugh when you said 'A simple thank-you would be satisfying'. I can't imagine 'Death' gets too many of them. I'm going to recommend this story for Showcase this week, so best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clara,

      I loveeeeeee your story!! I love your use of varying sentence structures and your comical twist is hilarious! Well done!

      Delete