Saturday 8 December 2018

Julia - but they were exhausted


It felt as if I was running for eternity. The hostile forest seemed to be getting even more threatening. I did not expect wolves to chase me forever! I ran and ran, as fast as my strained legs could carry me.
The vicious beasts howled and would never stop. Their teeth were as sharp as knives sticking out from their yapping jaws. But they were exhausted. I hoped to hide somewhere where they couldn’t find me.
Then I heard the soft, sniffing sound which filled my heart with horror.
A furry head lurked behind a nearby tree, glaring at me menacingly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia
    What a powerful story this week. You had me on the edge of my seat, hoping that you would be able to escape. Well done on your fabulous word choices, you have chosen them carefully to create the sense of suspense and terror.
    Miss T Team 100wc

    ReplyDelete