Friday 3 October 2014

As I looked around by Lily

As I looked around I saw the horizon shining in the distance with a red sky. “Look at that beautiful sky!” I said.
 “Oh yeah.” answered Celia ,“Lets find out what makes it red. I wonder how it gets the colour red?”
“I have an idea let’s go to a space museum.” I shouted.
“Lets go!” answered Celia .
“We're here finally,” I said clutching for breath. "Excuse me. We are all here to find out what makes the horizon red?”
“Why my dear when the sun is at sundown it hit a load of colours off the spectrum.” said the scientists. 
“Finally we know!!!!!!” we shouted.

2 comments:

  1. A story about people wanting learn! That's a marvellous idea Lily and such a surprising path to take from this weeks prompt. I love it when writers take me in an unexpected direction. But why I realllllly enjoyed your post was its' the first one I've ever read that was about the subject I teach. Physics. Congratulations on including some good science vocabulary - "spectrum," but I think you also need one more useful word - "scattering." I'd be most impressed if you found out why. (Hint, it's also the reason why the sky is usually blue)
    Well done and keep rising to the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the whole western sky seems to glow. The sky appears red because larger particles of dust, pollution, and water vapor in the atmosphere reflect and scatter more of the reds and yellows.

    I found this on the nasa web site

    ReplyDelete