Saturday 11 January 2014

… but when I put the batteries in it … by Sarah

Today is the day that my uncle comes to see me, he said he would bring me a fabulous present I wonder what it will be.  I was watching TV when I heard a knock on the back door and I know who it is. I jumped up from my sofa and ran to the back door and I could see my uncle. I let him in and he said, “Here is your present.” I looked at him and smiled. I took the present out of his hand and opened it but when I put the batteries in it broke.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sarah,

    It's always exciting waiting for a surprise. I received a special charm for my Pandora bracelet from my three nephews yesterday. They hadn't been able to visit over Christmas because of the bad weather.

    I would like to share a little tip with you that I love to use to vary how I start each sentence. Sometimes when I read my writing, I notice that I have started all of my sentences in the same way. This is a simple tip to make sure each sentence begins in a different manner.

    ED-ING-LY

    -Ed start a sentence with an -ed word.
    Shocked, she ran, opened the door and ran.

    -ing start a sentence with an -ing word
    Falling she put up her arms in order to grab onto a passing branch.

    -ly start a sentence with a -ly word
    Nervously, the mouse edged its way forward until his whole body was peeking out from its hole.

    Keep writing.

    Ms R. Orr
    Head Teacher
    Team 100WC

    ReplyDelete