Saturday 11 January 2014

… but when I put the batteries in it …by Tilly

My brother got a megaphone for Christmas, but when I put the batteries in it, he decided to shout right into it! He was trying to be mischievous, but lucky for me, the volume was turned right down, so only his shout could be heard, and not the massive sound from the megaphone. He stared open-mouthed, because he didn't think it would have a volume slider. I laughed at him and then (through a fit of giggles) said, “It has a volume slider you know! And anyway, why did you do that?” He grabbed the megaphone and yelled into it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tilly,
    Thank you for the 100 Word Challenge story. I enjoyed reading it - it sounds like just the sort of thing my brother would have done if he'd got a megaphone for Christmas!
    I really like the adjective choices you made (like massive and open-mouthed) and I am impressed by how you used speech marks correctly, as this can be tricky.
    Could you split your story into paragraphs next time, so the reader can clearly see where the beginning, middle and end of your story is?

    Keep up the good work!
    Mr Hyde
    St Helena's, Willoughby, England

    ReplyDelete