Saturday 3 May 2014

… and when I opened the cupboard door … by Finli

And when I opened the cupboard, A evil like demon jumped out at me! 
"Yellow!" the demon yelped.
"Yellow?"
"Yes, yellow I need it to charge my fire staff!"
"Yellow! A yellow what?"
"A yellow gem!"
"Well where do we find one of..."
"Them! Down in the very mystical caverns!"
"OK then I'll help you!"
"Eat this spoon."
"Spoon?"
"Just eat it!"
"OK then!"
And with that the spoon showed a reflection of a whole crystal like ravine, full of cobalt.
I felt quite brave and trusty in the demon so as soon as that we were off...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Finli,
    The piece is fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed every word! The concept is unique and fresh. Your interpretation of the prompt shows a higher level of creative thinking. Yours is the only entry I have read that has a character interacting with the 'thing' that came out of the cupboard.
    The use of dialogue to tell the entire story is unexpected. With no set-up or background information, I can clearly understand and am engaged in the plot. Well done on punctuating your dialogue also.
    I am a huge fan of the fantastical and the magical, so your writing sparks my imagination. Good versus evil has been a familiar form of conflict used in many genres of writing. I find it intriguing that your character is agreeable, or even excited to join with and help the demon.
    My suggestion for attempting to make your writing even better is to tweak the last half of the first sentence. For example, instead of "A evil like demon jumped out at me!" try a more descriptive phrase that would help me to visualize the demon.
    Congratulations on a perfect contribution to the challenge!
    Thank you for sharing your creativity,
    Gina Felton (Team 100, Iowa USA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great story if you could hear me you would hear claps

    ReplyDelete