Saturday 17 May 2014

some of the words sounded like a foreign language by Lewis

One day I was walking down the street and I heard some people talking differently, some of the words sounded like a foreign language. It sounded like they had put German and French words together! My Mum asked me if I knew the language and I replied, "I don't have a clue!" I asked the people a question, "What language are you speaking in?"
They did not reply, they just kept on talking in the foreign language. I started to get mad and shouted at them saying, "WHAT LANGUAGE ARE YOU SPEAKING IN?"
Nicely they replied, "Chinese!" I was so happy because I now knew what language it was!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lewis,

    Firstly, thank you for highlighting the prompt in yellow. It was easy to see how well they have been used.

    As I read your story, I wondered how many times in the past people have overheard others speaking and wondered what language they were using. Chinese is, of course, a very widely spoken language but I wonder how you might react if you heard, as an example, one of the many Aboriginal languages spoken in Australia? Other languages are fascinating. I enjoy stories that set me thinking. Well done.

    I hope you keep entering the 100WC.

    Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

    ReplyDelete