Thursday 11 September 2014

But it is yellow by Caitlin

The day was finally here at last. It had been weeks since we had first planted the carrot seeds. Grandad told me about a vegetable growing competition in the paper. He asked me if I wanted to enter. I said yes as I always loved helping grandad in the garden.

So today is the day that we find out if our carrot is the biggest of them all. It took some digging out but grandad gave it the last tug. “But it is yellow" I shouted. Any way we still presented the carrot. Sadly we didn't get any prize for the biggest carrot, but we did get a prize for its unusual colour!

1 comment:

  1. Lynda (Team 100WC) from Hartlepool, UK15 September 2014 at 20:01

    I like this! It was beautifully written and left me smiling. Well done for taking part in the 100 Word Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete