Saturday 6 October 2018

The Statues by Roxanne

Every day, when I drive home from school, I drive past an old, ancient graveyard, it has a little, open area of grass, in which 3 statues lie about 2 feet away from each other, and each time I wonder: ‘What are they …? ‘ 

  Don’t get me wrong they’re a wonderful accessory to brighten up the graveyard but ...... Why are they here? They could be anywhere else but they choose this place, a small, yet crowded abandoned graveyard. 

I also think about who are they? They could be antiques or other things, but I guess we’ll never know....

1 comment:

  1. Mrs A ( Team 100WC)8 October 2018 at 19:21

    Roxanne, I love how you make me think at the beginning of your piece. I wonder now about all the things I pass by regularly and don't give a moment's thought. I like the way you use the word' accessory '. I've never heard it in that context before! Keep on writing!

    Mrs A ( Team 100WC) USA

    ReplyDelete