Thursday 15 February 2018

...we were moving very fast... by Grace B

We were patiently waiting in a lay-by for it to happen. Suddenly, a cow flew across the sky in front of my stationary van. I quickly ran to the back of the van to look at the radar, I immediately noticed that a tornado was coming our way. I swiftly hopped back in to the driver’s seat and put my foot down. We were moving very fast when I noticed that the tornado was one mile behind us! I took my seatbelt off and grabbed the camera and took many photos. I put my seatbelt on and drove away.

1 comment:

  1. Grace,
    You have made some good word choices to further the 'speed' theme in this piece. I especially liked your adverb: swiftly. Other words that helped me envision the pace were: 'suddenly', 'quickly', 'immediately', and 'grabbed'.
    Keep writing.
    Mrs. G., TEAM 100, Guilderland, NY, USA

    ReplyDelete