Thursday 14 November 2013

Leah #11 Remembering


“Why do people wear poppies this time of year?” I heard a woman say.
So I butted in and said, “the reason that we wear poppies is so that you can remember the soldiers that fought in world war one and world war two and all of the other men and women who lost their lives fighting too. We also show our respect by having two minutes silence on the 11th day of the 11th of the month of the 11th hour.”
So that is why we wear poppies.

The soldiers fought in poppy fields when they were at war.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Leah,

    Firstly, let me apologise for the delay in leaving a comment. I managed to visit the wrong set of entries and so I am revisiting Week 11.

    Your words are very true, Leah. For many, Remembrance or Poppy Day can be a mystery yet, if we take the time, we can share the importance of its meaning with others. I know somewhere in France my Great Uncle Ernie lies never having returned to Australia from WWI. He, and all others who have fallen, live on in our memories and history. Well done!

    I can see the care you have taken with spelling and punctuation. My only suggestion might be to remember a capital letter when a person starts speaking…
    I butted in and said, “The reason that…
    Again, well done.

    I hope you keep entering the 100WC.

    Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Leah! You did well with the dialogue in this story. In your next story, I'd love to see more action. It's nice to know what the characters are doing, or where they are, or what the weather is like. I hope you'll keep participating in this challenge. It's great fun to write, and it's nice to be able to read your work.

    ReplyDelete